Cannes Court Métrage | Short Film Corner
Attend the Short Film Corner Cannes, a market which promotes emerging talents and promotion of short films.
Short Film Corner Dates: May 22, 2023 - May 25, 2023
The Short Film Corner is a program at the Cannes Film Festival that is dedicated to promoting and showcasing short films from around the world. The program provides filmmakers with the opportunity to present their work to industry professionals, including distributors, producers, and festival programmers.
To participate in the Short Film Corner, filmmakers must submit their short films to be reviewed and selected by a committee. Once selected, the films are screened and made available to industry professionals in the festival's online platform, where they can view the films and connect with the filmmakers.
In addition to the screenings, the Short Film Corner also features various events, such as workshops, masterclasses, and networking opportunities, that help filmmakers build their professional networks and learn about the latest developments in the film industry.
The Short Film Corner is a great opportunity for emerging filmmakers to showcase their work and connect with industry professionals, and is considered to be a valuable stepping stone for those looking to advance their careers in the film industry.
What is Short Corner Cannes
The Short Film Corner is a 5-day event to promote emerging talents and foster connections between professionals with significant roles in the direction, production, broadcast, or promotion of short films.
The Short Film Corner is a film market, originally conceived as a way to help aspiring filmmakers to get access to the Cannes Film Festival.
Benefits of Short Film Corner
The Cannes Short Film Corner offers several benefits for filmmakers, including:
- Exposure: The Cannes Short Film Corner provides an opportunity for filmmakers to showcase their work in front of a large and influential audience, including industry professionals, producers, and film festival organizers.
- Networking: The Short Film Corner offers a platform for filmmakers to meet and network with other filmmakers and industry professionals from around the world.
- Feedback: Filmmakers who have their films selected for the Short Film Corner can receive valuable feedback and insights from industry professionals and film festival organizers.
- Opportunities: Participating in the Short Film Corner can open up new opportunities for filmmakers, such as distribution deals, film festival invitations, and funding opportunities.
- Prestige: Having a film accepted into the Cannes Short Film Corner is a prestigious accomplishment that can add credibility to a filmmaker's portfolio and help establish their reputation as a filmmaker.
Note: The benefits of participating in the Cannes Short Film Corner will vary depending on the individual filmmaker and their goals. However, the exposure, networking, and opportunities provided by the Short Film Corner can be valuable for filmmakers at all stages of their careers.
Where is Short Corner held
The Short Film Corner | Rendez-vous Industry, Forum dedicated to short filmmakers, takes place at the heart of the Film Market in Cannes, France.
- Non-competitive section, its aim is to promote emerging talents and facilitate the interactions between the creation and the industry.
- Among the film registered, the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry picks the most promising short films coming from all around the wold, in the aim of elaborating a curated Market Catalogue in accordance with the expectation of the main industry decision-makers.
- During five days, a program of professional Meetings, Workshops and Panels is developed around dedicated topics such as distribution, co-production and festival strategy.
Pitch and Development
The SFC | Rendez-vous Industry go hand in hand with the filmmakers and their projects.
- Short films in development, upcoming shorts currently in postproduction and first feature films are presented to the industry key decision-makers.
- Producers with a short film registered in the Market Catalogue are invited to come listen to the pitch sessions of the Focus WiP - shorts in (post-production), and of the Focus SCRIPT - shorts in development.
Cannes Court Métrage VideoLibrary includes both the Cannes Selections (Official Competition, Cinéf, Semaine de la Critique, Directors' Fortnight) and the curation of the Short Film Corner market catalogue.